Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture (BUCEA) Master in Architecture and Civil Engineering.Taught in English.
Why choose BUCEA?
Majors and Specialities
- For its long history and traditional advantage in professional fields
BUCEA is a professional university established in 1936 and holds leading position and strong faculty in architecture, civil engineering and urban environment, and innovative researches in information science, economy and humanity and laws as well.
- For its long tradition and experienced faculty
As elites from relative schools, most teachers have admirable international experience.
- For its advanced teaching facilities
Many laboratories and practical bases are supplied to students.
- For its strong internship partnerships
The program provides professional training, internship opportunities. In engineering companies and positive cultural experiences.
- For its promising career development
The employment rate of our students invariably reaches 96% and over every year. Many students went to architecture institutes, companies or departments in local governments.
- For its beautiful campus and convenient transportation
Located in center Beijing and inside 2nd Ring road, BUCEA is also close to Xizhimen traffic hub (railway station, tram station, railway station), 40 minutes drive to Beijing Capital Airport.
- For its free Chinese Mandarin Class
The Chinese classes include Speaking, Listening, Comprehensive Reading and etc
- For its scholarship
BUCEA provides "Beijing Government Scholarship" and "BUCEA Scholarship" for international students.
MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering
0814 Civil Engineering
Areas of Study for a Master of Science Degree
081401 Geotechnical Engineering
81402 Structural Engineering
81406 Bridge and Tunnel Engineering
Program of Study
Students are required to complete 30 units coursework, a theses research project or design and an oral defense administered by a panel of faculty. With the Graduate Coordinator's approval, students will be expected to select their elective units in one of the following areas of study: Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Bridge and Tunnel Engineering.
The duration of the MS program is 2.5 - 3 years.
Fundamental and core courses
- Chinese Language
- Chinese Culture
- Numerical Analysis
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Elasticity and Plasticity
- Fundamental of Material Science and Engineering
- Finite Element Method 1
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Advanced Geotechnical Engineering
- Analysis and Design of Foundations
- Lateral Support System of Deep Foundations
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Earthquake Analysis/ Design of Structures
- Advanced Concrete Structures
- Structural Dynamics
- Advanced Structural Steel Design
- Steel Concrere Composite Structures
- Finite Element Method
- Prestressed Concrete Theory and Construction
- Selected Advanced Laboratory
- Advanced Bridge Structure Theory
- Long span Prestressed Concrete Bridge
- Street Bridge Design
- Advanced Tunnel Structure Theory and Design
- Transportation Systems Planning
- Fundamentals of Transportation Engineering
- Modeling and Simulation in Transportation
- Pavements Engineering
- Thesis Proposal
- Practical Training
- Graduate Seminar
- 1 Journal/ Conference Article or project design
Registry Fee : 400
Hostel Fee: RMB 40 a day