Pacific Region Education Consultancy
太 平 洋 区 教 育 顾 问
 Home | News | Contact | Useful Links | Search  

About Us
Strategic Partners
Study Overseas /
More About MBBS
Further Education Opportunities
Study Tours
Student Resources
Centre Resources
Study and Work In USA (Masters Programme) /
在美国读取硕士学位, 同时也能工作赚取美元工资

Study for your U.S. Master Degree while Working and Earning U.S. Wages
Gain U.S. Work Experience and Master Degree so you become a strong candidate in the competitive global job market
Study: Earn a master degree from an accredited, high quality university, while working in full-time, paid job internships.

Work: In this unique CPT program (also known as a co-op, work-study or internship program) students can work in full time, paid, practical training employment for the whole duration of the master program in order to enhance the educational experience.

Earn: In the CPT program, students can earn US wages to use to pay for educational expenses

In the CPT program, paid internship employment is mandatory, beginning in the first semester of the first academic year of the student's master degree program.  Along with the mandatory internship employment, students will need to take a total of 15 to 18 master degree courses, depending on the enrolled program.

Why apply through us?
Our immigration attorney will work with you to succeed in visa interviews. Students take an online visa interview preparation course and students will have a trial visa interview via skype.

In addition, we assist you with the internship placement.

All students are guaranteed paid internship while studying

Work and Study (CPT) Overview
The purpose of a Work-study or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) program is to integrate real-life employment training with a student's education.  Immigration Service regulations allow international master study students who are enrolled in a Curricular Practical Training program (also known as a Work-study, CPT, Cooperative Education, internship, or Co-op program) to work in internship positions for as many months as the duration of the program will allow. Through the CPT program, international students may work up to 40+ hours per week in US based companies.

This CPT option is designed to give students practical work experience in curriculum-related employment with local US based corporations and businesses.  For those who select the CPT option,  paid internship or CPT employment is mandatory, beginning in the first semester of the first academic year of the student's program.  Along with the mandatory internship or CPT employment, students will need to take a total of 15 to 18 courses, depending on the enrolled program.

Legal Overview
The option of Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is for international students enrolled in any participating school's master degree programs.  CPT is authorized by the U.S. Homeland Security Department for F-1 international students and is equivalent to the CPT option for U.S. students.

F-1 students wishing to participate in an off-campus training program that is “an integral part of an established curriculum” must first obtain work authorization for Curricular Practical Training (CPT).  The training, which must be directly related to the student’s major field of study, is defined as ”alternate work-study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum, which is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school” (Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 214.2 (f)(10).

Work-Study CPT Program is Unique
Our work and study CPT programs have the curriculum set up so that the internships jobs are mandatory and therefore a student must begin his/her curricular training immediately upon registration and securing his/her social security number.  In Work and Study CPT Programs students can begin working in their first semester of study.  This is very different than CPT programs at most universities where the applicant can not start the CPT employment until he/she has been in school for at least one academic year (nine months).  Also, most universities do not have a unique program designed specifically for the International applicant.  In alliance with the schools, we have created a unique program that helps International candidates be successful in the United States workforce.  The international candidate will learn about resume building, interviewing etiquette, and U.S. customs.  By the time the candidate graduates from the HTIR work-study program he/she will be a prime candidate for an H-1b or a high level job in his/her home country.

Gain Practical Skills
The practical training that students receive by working in a U.S. based company gives them skills and experience that cannot be obtained in a normal classroom-only education format, thus giving an advantage in achieving life goals after graduation.

Earn US Dollars
The wages that are paid to the students for their CPT employment are equal to the wages paid to U.S. employees.  Net earnings are retained by the students and used for their personal or educational needs.

Our University Partners
Coleman University is a small, private university located in sunny San Diego, California.  Coleman's inverted curriculum delivers your career training first. This innovative approach allows you to become qualified for a related position in a matter of months. Coleman offers the HTIR curricular practical training program in the following degrees:
  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
  • Master of Information Systems Management
  • Master of Business in Health Care Management
Lincoln University located in Oakland, California, offers a unique practical training program in which international graduate students are allowed to work in full-time employment in local American companies while studying for their master degrees. The curriculum is grounded in a program of general studies and is designed to encourage individual exploration of advanced studies. The University conducts its programs with a conscious focus upon the cross-cultural dimensions of learning. Lincoln offers the internship program in the following degree:
  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
  • Concentrations in human resource management, financial management, Int. business
Sullivan University’s Graduate School provides the graduate with additional opportunities for career advancement and enhanced job security in today’s highly competitive and ever-changing work environment. This is a natural extension of the University’s distinguished history of preparing graduates for careers.  Sullivan offers the one year CPT in the following degrees:
  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
  • Concentrations in management, health care management, or hospitality
  • Master of Science in Managing Information Technology
  • Master of Public Management
  • PhD in Management
RN Licensure for Foreign Nurses
Nurses will benefit from the CPT Public Health program at Coleman University.  The university staff will assist students in their licensure required to become a  licensed nurse, as well as assist in placement in local health care facilities.

Required School Documents to Apply for the Work and Study CPT Program
  1. SCHOOL APPLICATION FORM: Complete and sign the school application form. To obtain forms visit the download center on the website
  2. ESTIMATE OF COST SHEET: Read and sign the estimate of cost sheet.
  3. PROCESSING/COURIER FEE: Pay $250 processing/courier fee
  5. FINANCIAL SUPPORT DOCUMENTS: You must have, either:
    1. a copy of your own current Bank Statement in US dollars that amounts to at least $16,000 to $29,000 (depends on school), or,
    2. a copy of your sponsor's bank statement which amounts to at least $16,000 to $29,000 (depends on school). If using a sponsor's bank statement, he/she also needs to provide a letter of support that states, "I am the sponsor for _________ and I intend to provide him/her with financial assistance during his/her first year of study, up the amount of $______."
    Coleman-$16,000 Lincoln-$17,500 Sullivan $29,000
  6. SCHOOL FINANCIAL FORMS: Fill out and sign the Lincoln Financial Declaration Form or CalUMS Afadavit of Support Form (Only if you are applying to Lincoln ) To obtain forms visit the download center on the website
  7. US DOLLAR CONVERSION: Please note that if your (or your sponsor's) bank statement is not in US dollars you will need to obtain a conversion into US dollars. You can use the internet in order to get updated conversion. Just print the page showing the conversion information and include it with your bank statement.
    • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
      — with a score 550 or higher on paper-based test
      — 80 or higher on Internet-based test
      — 213 or higher on computer-based test
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
      Score of 6.0 (6.5 for Sullivan)
    • Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
      Score of 760
    • Letter from university indicating English was the medium of instruction (Lincoln Only)
  9. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: At least two letters of recommendation. The recommendation letters must come from someone who can review your work skills, such as an employer, a co-worker, or a professor whom has assessed your work ability. The letters should provide an assessment of the applicant's ability to successfully complete graduate studies and succeed in an employment situation.
  10. PERSONAL STATEMENT: Address your career goals for the next three to five years, discussing how a degree will assist you in accomplishing them.
  11. RESUME: Your resume needs to include your personal information (name, address, email, and date of birth), work history, skills, educational history, any research or publications in your field, any honors or awards received, and any organizations to which you belong.
  13. BACHELOR DEGREE: Copies of your Certificate/diploma/proof of Bachelor's degree. If the document was awarded in a language other than English, an English translation must also be submitted. A bachelor degree in any major may qualify an applicant for admission to the program.
  14. TRANSCRIPTS: You will need to submit official transcripts in original language as well as an English translation. Transcripts need to show every year that you studied at the university level. It is important that the transcripts show all subjects taken and all grades or marks earned for each subject. It also is very helpful if the grading system of the university is shown on each record. The CPT program requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 basis, at an accredited university or its international equivalent at the bachelor's level is required but may be waived by the Admissions Committee in consideration of special circumstances.
    Those students whose background is not in the major applying for, may need to take pre-requisite course/s that will cover essential topics needed to comprehend the CORE subject material. The fee for pre-requisite courses will be the current tuition rate.
    NOTE: At some schools, students will need to get their transcripts evaluated by WES ( in the first semester of study.
  15. SPOUSE AND DEPENDENTS: If you plan to bring your spouse and/or children you will need to provide copies of their passports, marriage certificate (for spouse) along with a letter giving the following details for each family member you plan on bringing with you: full name, date of birth, country of birth, and country of citizenship. You also need to show an increase in the bank statement of $6,000 per family member that you are planning to bring with you.
  16. IF YOU ARE IN THE USA: If you are currently on a U.S. visa, you will need to submit, copies of visa, passport, I-94 and I-20 (if applicable) and foreign address. If you are currently enrolled in a college or university in the U.S. you will all need to submit after acceptance, a completed SEVIS transfer form
  17. REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT: To reserve your seat in the work-study program, there is an advance deposit up to $3,000 (depending on the school) required before the issuance of the I-20. This deposit is fully refundable (minus any wiring fees) if you do not get the visa for the school for which you have applied. The deposit is NOT refundable if you obtain a visa, but you do not enroll or you transfer to another school.

Terms and Conditions:
Students must declare on the application forms:
  • This is an academic program and not an employment program, and I will be entering as an F-1 visa student with the privileges and conditions of the F visa status.
  • The Master’s Work-study Program is a study program requiring an F-1 student visa in which Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is mandatory for all participants
  • By selecting the work-study option, I will be given the legal right to engage in Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment with an off- campus company. I understand I will initially obtain an entry level job and I will be free to locate other employment later as I choose.
  • I will be required to pay for all of my own tuition as well as my own room and board and personal expenses from my own resources.
    However, I understand that I will be allowed to use all of the net income from my CPT employment as I see fit for these purposes
  • The Master’s Co-op Program is a study program requiring an F-1 student visa in which Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is mandatory for all participants
  • I may be required to accept an entry level position to gain U.S. work experience, improve my English, and learn U.S. customs and cultures in order to obtain and retain a higher paying job. Most entry level jobs pay $7-10 an hour.
  • The purpose of the Master’s Co-op Program is to gain the necessary skills and experience to become a successful professional in the workplace.
  • I am required to personally interview for each internship position and will do so with a positive and professional attitude
  • The length of time to obtain my internship will depend on my skills, English abilities, background, previous work experience, ambition and attitude. In some circumstances it may take 30-60 days before I begin my internship.
  • I understand that I will not be limited to 11 months of CPT employment and will be allowed to continue working for the entire length of time
  • I will be studying in my master’s program should I choose to do so. However, I understand that if I choose to be employed in CPT for 12 months or more I may not be allowed to apply for the one additional year of Optional Practical Training after I graduate.

To be eligible for any of the work and study program, an applicant must have the following:
  • Bachelor Degree (in any major)
  • Suficient funding (to cover tuition and living expenses as required by each school)
  • Proficient in English
  • Be willing to work during the day and take classes in the evenings or weekends

To apply, please complete this form online and we will follow-up with you as soon as possible.

If you have any queries, please phone me, SMS/ text me at 93627018 or email me at