Students following the Art & Design pathway of the Undergraduate Foundation Programme at Coventry Foundation Campus, have the opportunity for guaranteed progression to the highly respected Art & Design degrees at Coventry School of Art & Design.
The course comprises of three stages:
- Diagnostic – introduction to the main art & design disciplines and development of key skills
- Developmental – students choose a number of specialisms to develop their skills further
- Specialist Activity – consolidation of knowledge and skills developed in first two stages and culminates in a final major project and End of Year Exhibition
All students will study the following modules:
English for Academic Purposes
- Art & Design Contextual, Critical & Cultural Studies
- 2-D Design
- 3-D Design
Students will also have Tutorials and visits to Coventry School of Art & Design and local art galleries and exhibitions as part of their programme.
Progressing to Coventry School of Art & Design
Students need to achieve a Merit in their portfolio of art and design work and Pass the Coventry English Assessment (an External IELTS examination is not required).
Students not achieving this may be eligible for progression at the discretion of Coventry University.
Why study at Coventry School of Art & Design?
Tuition Fees: 10,950 UK pounds
- Centre of Excellence for Product and Automotive Design (CEPAD)
- Famous alumni: Coventry University graduates include the Chief Designer at Lotus and Design Director at Volvo
- Land Rover Design Studio currently employs 12 Coventry graduates
- Industry links: great emphasis on close working relationships with industry and the design profession via collaborative projects - this year with Ford’s UK design studio and Ferrari in Italy
- 'Best Conceptual Interior' category at the Interior Motives Student Design Awards in Frankfurt in 2009 was won by a Coventry University student
- Fashion designers can choose to work in a diverse range of areas from Women's wear, Men's wear and Children's wear as well as Accessories, Lingerie, Theatrical Costumes, Millinery, Footwear and Sportswear.