Tianjin Medical University
Tianjin Medical University
TianJin Medical University, known as TianJin Medical College, was founded in 1951. The college was the first Higher medical college approved by Administrative Council of People's Republic of China (PRC). The first headmaster is the endocrinologist Professor Hsien-I Chu.
In 1993, the committee of Educational Department allowed the combination of TianJin Medical College and TianJin Secondary Hospital. The TianJin Medical University was established. In December 2000, the university passed the pre-examination of the national "211 Project" and was listed on the 97 Universities and Colleges which are focused by the "211 Project". (To be listed on 211 Project , the university has to be ranked as a good university)
The university's current headmaster is Hao XiShan, the committee director is Yang TaiLu. The University covers an area of 400,000 square meter; the total floor space of construction is 358,900 square meter. 8,419 people are working here, including 5,946 specialists with 1,092 having associated-senior title. 4,672 full-time students are studying here, including 336 graduates, 3,275 undergraduates, 991 training students and 70 abroad students.
The university has established 34 specialties with the authority to award master degrees and 11 with the authority to award doctoral degrees, two exchange-station for post-doctoral research, eight Colleges and four faculties. There are 9 branches in the University: Clinical Medicine, Anesthesiology, Medical Imaging, Nursing Care, Stomatology, Disease Prevention & Control, Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering.
The University is always dedicated to the integration of different science and has built the comprehensive medicine educational system. Today the program's academic-year for students includes the seven-year, five-year, four-year and three-year. In national and municipal level, the TianJin Medical University is the state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facility. The TianJin Medical University is in possession of 7 University hospitals, 3 affiliated hospitals and 30 academic hospitals with near 5000 beds for students' practice.
Some majors of the University are national and municipal key medical science: national key major Chinese-Western Medicine Clinic(surgery), municipal key majors: Endocrinology and Metabolic Disease, Cancer, Neurology 、Medical Imaging、Urological Surgery、Internal Medicine of Cardiovascular, Nuclear Medicine, General Surgery, the municipal developing majors: Micro-biology and immunology, Ophthalmology、Stomatology. The university also has 9 research institutes, Ministry of Health's 1 key lab and 9 temporary clinic medicine bases.
Ever since the "Sixth Five-year", 289 research projects have been passed experts' appraises, in which 3 are leading in world, 97 are advanced in world, 116 are leading in China and 82 advanced in China. And 156 of these projects are award by national and municipal Government, including 4 National Science and Technology Progress Prize, 145 departmental (municipal) Science and Technology Progress Prize. Researchers of the University have published 350 works and 8000 academic papers in recent years.
The library of the University has a collection of 510,000 books and subscribing 3000 domestic and abroad periodicals. The Ministry of Health designates the Library to be the state-library of National Medicine Resource-sharing Network. Currently, the ATM network of Remote Medical-Education and the Electronic Reading Room have been used and connected to the TianJin Education and Research Network, China Education and Research Network and Internet. By these networks, the users can browse WWW, send E-mail and upload (download) files.
The University also has different level prizes for those excellent students, which include People Scholarship, Zhu XianYi Medicine Scholarship, Chen LuDe Nursing Prize, Wang KeChang Prize, Excellent Science and Engineering Students Prize, TianJin Takeda Prize and JiangXu YunZhu Medicine Scholarship.
- Bachelor's Degree: The applicant must be a high performing school graduate. The age must be over 18 and under 30 years old. Graduation certificates, high-school diplomas transcripts and financial guarantees are needed.
- Master's Degree: The applicant must be a college or university graduate. The age must be under 35.
- Doctorate degree (Ph.D): Applicants must have Master’s Degree. The age must be under 45.
- Post Doctorate: Applicants must have doctorate.
- Senior Graduate Student: Applicants must have obtained either a MSc. or Ph. D. qualification. On admission, you are engaged in the chosen research specialty under the instruction and direction of a professor in charge. No time limit restriction.
- Junior Graduate Student: Applicants must have studied medicine for at least two years. On admission you are engaged in your own specialty or new interrelated ones. No time limit restriction.
- Short-term Medical Courses: Scholars and students must have some experience in medicine. There is no age restriction with these courses, which are run according to student number.
- Chinese Language Course: We provide the Chinese language course to the students and scholars who are interested in Chinese language. We also offer the Chinese language courses for Bachelor's degree medical students.
Tuition Fees for:
- We'll check the examination results of physics, math, chemistry and biology at high school when you apply for TMU.
- The bachelor's degree students must pass HSK Grade A Basic Level (Chinese Proficiency Test) during their 5-year academic study period.
- The Master's degree students must pass the entry exams of our university, including three subjects: two basic specialities and one clinical speciality.
- The candidate should be in good health and must hand in the certificate of health and medical report of HIV.
Bachelor Degree Program: 41,000 RMB per year
Master Degree Program: 45,000 RMB per year
Ph.D. Degree Program: 48,000 RMB per year
The scholarship of advanced study: 48,000 RMB per year
Short-term study: 2,080 RMB per week
Chinese language study: 6,000 RMB per half a year
Other Fees you may concern:
Registration Fee (first year only): 800 RMB
Textbook Fee for the Medical Program (5 years): 2500 RMB
Physical Examination Fee (first year only): 600 RMB
Resident Permit Fee: 450 RMB per year
Lodging Fee (Foreign Students' Dormitory): 840 RMB/month for one bed (p.s. one standard apartment
has two beds, and the total rental fee for the apartment is 1680 RMB per month)
To apply, please complete this form online and we will follow-up with you as soon as possible.