More About MBBS
Recognition Of MBBS.
Many parents and students have asked me how to look up for more information, the following are useful websites:
To find out whether the Medical University is recognised by USA - go to www.faimer.org, then click on IMED, you will find a search engine.
For Singaporeans and Malaysians,, if you want to find out whether Wuhan University is recognised - input the region as 'Asia" , country as "China", City as "Wuhan", and then input "Wuhan University".
For Indians , Sri Lankans etc, you may want to find out whether Hebei Medical University is recognised - input the region as "Asia" , the country as "China", City as "Shijiazhuang", and then input "Hebei Medical University"
To do USMLE licensing exams - the universities must be listed in the IMED.
- To find out more about FAIMER - go to www.faimer.Org
To find out about USA Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) , go to www.ecfmg.org
Please note ECFMG, FAIMER and IMED are closely linked.
- To find out about USA Medical Licensing exams , go to www.usmle.org
- To find out about Australia's Medical Licensing exams, go to www.amc.org.au
To practise in Singapore, you are advised to obtain a postgraduate qualification, example, MRCP or MRCS.
To check whether the university is WHO recognised, go to www.who.int/hrh/wdms/media/en/China.pdf
To check whether the China university can conduct MBBS in English - go to http://www.moe.edu.cn/edoas/en/level3.jsp?tablename=1242700801793394&infoid=1267594632417190&title=List
To check whether the university is recognised by Singapore Medical Council - go to www.smc.gov.sg , go to "Medical Registration" , then go to "List of Registrable Basic Medical Qualifications" for the list of China's universities recognised by SMC. There are 8 universities on the list.
For Indians, To check whether the university is recognised by the Indian government - go to http://mciindia.org/tools/prelease/eligibility.htm. There are 34 universities on the list.
- All other nationalities, please check with your own medical council.
Other useful documents to review.
Medical Education in China For Singaporeans and Other Nationalities.
- MBBS Curriculum and BDS (Dentistry) Curriculum.
MBBS and Dentistry at Queen's Belfast University, Northern Ireland (UK).
- University of Tasmania.
- University of Debrecen (Hungary).
- BDS (Dentistry) Curriculum:
- General Anatomy, Histology and Embryology
- Science of Dental Materials
- General Pharmacology
- General Pathology
- Oral Biology and Tooth Morphology
- Community and Preventive Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Pathology
- Periodontology, Orthodontics, and Oral Medicine
- Operative Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery