Malaysia Residency Program
Be a Resident of Malaysia
Reside in beautiful, safe and prosperous Malaysia with your spouse, children and parents! Successful applicants are granted a social visit pass for a period of 10 years initially. This pass is renewable.
It is open to citizens of countries regardless of race, religion, gender or age. This programme allows applicants to bring with them their spouses, unmarried children below the age of 21 and parents.
Terms & Conditions
A) Financial Requirement
Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves on this programme in Malaysia.
B) Upon Application
C) Upon Approval
- Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM 500,000 and offshore income of RM 10,000 per month.
- Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM 350,000 in liquid assets and offshore income of RM 10,000 (if they are still working) For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of RM 350,000 in liquid assets and their monthly pension/financial sources.
- New applicants who have purchased properties in Malaysia and paid a minimum of RM 1 million qualify for a lower fixed deposit placement upon approval. However, it is not a requirement to buy a property.
Aged Below 50 years old must:
Aged 50 years and above can either choose to:
- Open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000
- Maintain a minimum balance of RM150,000 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme
Participants must maintain a minimum balance of RM 150,000 (below 50 years old) or RM 100,000 (50 years and above) from the second year and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this programme.
- Open a fixed deposit account of RM 150,000 or
- Show proof of government approved pension funds of RM10,000 (pensioners with government approved funds)
- After a period of one year, participants aged 50 and above who fulfil the fixed deposit criterion can withdraw up to RM 50,000 and RM150,000 respectively for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
Each participant is allowed to bring in his/ her own personal car OR to purchase a locally assembled car without the need to pay import duty, excise duty and sales tax. However, participant must keep the personal car for 2 years before he or she is allowed to sell / transfer to the new owner.
Tax exemption is given to foreign income and pension remitted into Malaysia.
Participants are allowed to bring their children below 21 years old and not married as their dependents under this program. They can continue their schooling in Malaysia.
Participants are allowed to purchase any number of residential property from minimum prices established by the respective state governments.
Each participant is allowed to apply for one domestic helper.
Participants are allowed to bring in elderly parents aged 60 years and above.
Participants are allowed to bring in disabled children of any age (even if the child is above 21 years of age)
Participants are not allowed to work / be employed while staying in Malaysia. An exception applies to particpants in the 50 and above age group who may be allowed to work a maximum of 20 hrs a week.
Extension after 10 years or after change in passport
The participant must be present in person to extend the visa.
- Letter of Application by applicant
- A copy of resume by the main applicant which includes the following information:
- Academic qualification
- Working experience
- Skills or expertise acquired
- A copy of the Malaysia residency application form (will be forwarded via email)
- Note: Applicable to applicant and dependents
- Three copies of Malaysia Immigration Social Visa application form
- Note: Applicant and all dependents have to complete 3 copies of the Social Visa application form individually.
- 4 coloured passport size photographs
- Copy of Passport/ Travel documents (All pages)
- Note: Applicable to applicant and all dependents
- Copy of previous passport is required if applicant has renewed his/her passport within the last 12 months
- Letter of Good Conduct from relevant government agency
- Self declaration on your dependents' health conditions
- Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse)
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate/documents (if accompanied by children/ adopted children/ step children); below 21 years old
- Letter of confirmation from Medical Specialist/General Practioner (if accompanied by disabled children above 21 years old)
- Statutory declaration by principal applicant to bear all expenses and financial requirements for dependents during their stay in Malaysia
- Certified copy of latest 3 months bank statement/ other related financial document to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia
- Latest 3 months certified copies of pay slips/ income statements/pension slips/ financial statements (if business owners)
- Authorisation letter from applicant to allow verification of financial documents
- Remaining Steps: (After receiving the Conditional Approval Letter)
- Open the required Fixed Deposit account in any bank in Malaysia for 1 year period on an auto renewal basis
- Purchase medical insurance from any insurance company in Malaysia
- Obtain medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia
- Fulfil Security Bond requirement
- Submit Fixed Deposit certificate, medical insurance, medical report and stamped Security Bond
- Pay Social visa fee of RM 90 a year an applicant. Social Visit Pass will be given accordingly to the validity of the passport (maximum 10 years)